The Need to Backup Your Computer
What do you do if your hard drive crashes, or you accidentally delete important files, or you lose your laptop? Or, if you were to suffer a fire or flood, how would you come to retrieve the important data on your computer? Using a backup service is one of the best ways to protect your Windows 10 computer from these and other types of data losses.
Windows 10 has its own File History and Backup and Restore (Windows 7) tools to help you create backups. But the former can only back up files or folders, not your system, and you can only choose to back up to disk. And sometimes it happens that the File History not working. In this way, I suggest you use a safer third-party software to backup Windows 10.
What’s the Best Backup Software for Windows 10?
There are many third-party backup software on the market, so which one can stand out? AOMEI Backupper Standard is the best free backup software for Windows 10. It helps you backup all types of data on Windows 10 as well as your system. With the help of it, you can easily perform Windows 10 backup and restore. You can start by seeing what it has to offer.
- It gives you different backup options: File Backup, Disk Backup, System Backup and Partition Backup. You can choose the one that best suits your needs.
- It supports you to store backups to different locations, including internal and external disks, network locations, cloud, NAS, USB flash drive, SD card, etc.
- It supports you to create automatic backups to avoid duplication of work. You can choose different intervals, such as Daily, Weekly, Monthly, etc.
- In addition to the backup function, this software also provides you with features such as Sync, Clone, and Restore. You can use it to clone HDD to SSD to migrate data or system.
- Also, it still supports other useful features, such as: creating bootable media. It can help you to start it in case of computer failure.
After knowing the basic information of this software, if you are using this software for the first time, please refer to the following steps to learn how to use it to backup Windows 10.
Backup Windows 10 with AOMEI Backupper – Simplest and Safest
Before you start, click on this link to perform this Windows 10 backup software free download.
This software is only available for Windows 11/10/8/7/XP/Vista. For Server users, please try AOMEI Backupper Server. Here is an example of backing up Windows 10 files to show you how to use this software.
- Run AOMEI Backupper Standard on Windows 10. Click Backup in the left navigation bar, then select File Backup on the right.
- Then click Add Folder or Add File to add the files that you would like to backup on Windows 10.
- Then choose a destination path to save your backup. After that, press the Start Backup button to create a backup of your Windows 10 files.
Tips: You can also customize your backup task by pressing the following button.
- Schedule Backup: You can set up automatic backup tasks to keep track of all the changes and back up your files automatically. You can enjoy both event triggers and USB plug in options in the PC backup software.
- Backup Scheme: If you set up a scheduled backup task, the software will create a full backup and 6 incremental backups by default. In the long run this may cause problems with full backup disks, so it is recommended to enable backup schedules and automatically delete backup files. You have 3 options, by number, by time, by day/week/month.
Wrapping Things Up
This article provides you with the best Windows 10 backup software. With the help of it, you can protect your PC in every aspect. You can use it to backup your system for system recovery in case you encounter any system issues. You can use it for incremental or differential backups to save space at the backup destination.
Also, you can use it to clone M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD with just a few clicks. Many users have reported that when using other software clones, they may encounter a situation where they cannot boot from the cloned disk. With the help of AOMEI Backupper, you won’t encounter such problems and data loss issues. Try it now!